OS X screen saver - somewhat off topic

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Apr 27 19:17:03 EDT 2004

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions, however none of them will do
what I need. Using either AppleScript's quit of the shell's kill (with
or without -9) works fine if you have started the screen saver by
pushing the mouse into the specified corner. If the screen saver has
come on after it's set time, both these methods stop the current screen
saver process but another one is immediately started.

The alternative techniques of moving the mouse or "pressing" the space
bar do nothing.

Thanks Dar, for the info about pmset - I'll test using that to wake up
the monitor after sleep. Meanwhile, I guess I just have to make my own
slide show screen saver :-(

Cheers,
Sarah