OS X screen saver - somewhat off topic

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Tue Apr 27 03:37:59 EDT 2004

I dunno if this will help, but here was an old trick floating around
for playing the screen saver on your desktop:

 From terminal:
/System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Resources/
ScreenSaverEngine.app/Contents/MacOS/ScreenSaverEngine -background &

I suppose there might be other options, perhaps a "stop" or "quit"
command or the like, although none of it appears to be documented...