Maximum Print area [was: Re: Print cards with headers]

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Apr 27 05:53:53 EDT 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:22:21 -0600, Dar Scott <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

>On Monday, April 26, 2004, at 04:33 PM, Graham Samuel wrote:
>
> > IMO the only real option is for RR to allow script access to the
> > maximum print area
>
> > I think it's time for an enhancement request.
>
>I like it.  I think this is your cue.  (Need bugzilla advice?)
>
>This might be a good time to add other printer info enhancement
>requests, too, should other details be needed.

Yes, I am not sufficiently clear about the degree to which printer driver
APIs are standardized: clearly the page size (and, I trust, the available
margins) are accessible in a standard way, but as to the degree of
standardization of other parameters like the number of copies chosen, the
bin or cassette for paper feeding, duplex or not, scaling chosen, choices
about colour and resolution etc, personally I have no clue - so it will be
up to others to suggest stuff if they have a knowledge of what is feasible.
I should emphasise that I'm not expecting miracles, only access to data
that appears from an outsider's perspective to be part of standard APIs.

I will add my bugzilla stuff later in the week when I'm back on dear old
broadband. I feel fairly OK about this (thanks to Ken Ray's RevZilla) - the
only thing that's bothered me in the past is the way you add some further
remarks to an existing entry, which AFAIR is somewhat counterintuitive.

Graham