Demo Show Stopper - Save File Dialog

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 14:24:57 EDT 2004

--- David Burgun <dburgun at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> >Hi Dave,
> >
> >First of all : these "Save" dialog boxes will only
> >happen in the IDE ; so either demo a stand-alone
> app
> >or suspend the developmetn environment during the
> >demo.
>
> Ok, but I'm having (different) problems with
> Standalone and just
> wanted this to work 100% (or as close as possible!)
> in one
> environment. The thing is, the demo is more showing
> how the App works
> but also in the Development Environment. I suppose I
> can fudge it for
> tomorrow.

Well I'd rather have an 'overactive' IDE that offers
to save every time I close a stack, then lose my work
because it didn't keep track well enough.
As Klaus noted, changing from browse mode to edit mode
is enough to trigger the IDE into 'edited' mode.

> >If for some bizarre reason you have to demo inside
> the
> >IDE and people wouldn't accept seeing this basic
> >question, you'll have to change the global
> >'gREVStackStatus[tShortName]' where tShortName is
> the
> >short name of your stack, so that it no longer
> equals
> >"edited".
> >But I would advise against it, as tinkering the IDE
> >data is not a good idea.
>
> I don't think it's a good idea either, the real
> question is, what
> causes the dialog to appear? Just from looking at
> this, I would say
> that there is a "flag" that has got "stuck", e.g. is
> not be cleared
> properly when the stack is saved.
>
> What does "gREVStackStatus" actually contain? I
> can't find any
> information on this. What are the issues in changing
> it? I just don't
> want to leap in and change an internal without
> knowing a little bit
> more about it.
>
> I just looked at "gREVStackStatus" from the Message
> Box and it's
> blank, is this to be expected?
>
> I can send the Stacks if you that would be of help
> to anyone.
>
> All the Best
> Dave

The global 'gREVStackStatus' is an array, that's why
it looks empty in the variable watcher. However, you
can check its content using :
--
  global gREVStackStatus
  answer gREVStackStatus["MyStackName"]