Demo Show Stopper - Save File Dialog

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Apr 26 08:15:07 EDT 2004

Hi All,

I need to get this working for a demo tomorrow and, as Murphys Law
Predicts, the one Stack I have the Save problem with is the one that
everyones will be looking at with a magnifying glass!

I tried everything I can think of to rid myself of this message
dialog. I have set "destroyStack" to true, I have sereral other
stacks that are basically the same as the one in question but do not
put up the "do you want to save" dialog and can see no real
difference between the ones that don't and the *one* that does!

I can the Stack files if this would be of help.

RIght now, I just don't know where to even start looking for how to
fix this problem, any ideas would really be helpful. I really don't
want to have to answer the question "Why does this window produce a
Save FIle Dialog?", because the only answer I can give is "I don't
know". Also the question "Can you stop it from appearing?" would be
quite bad too, since the answer to this would be "no and nor does
anyone else".

It would just make RunRev look really bad as a development tool.

Thanks a lot
Dave

Hi All,

I've been working on this one for over an hour and can't seem to find
out what is wrong. I have a number of Stacks all in seperate .rev
files. I do this from the dummy stack that just has the menu bar in
it, when a menu item is selected:

go to stack "full-path/Stack1.rev"

and in another place

go to stack "full-path/Stack2.rev"

Now, both Stack1.rev and Stack2.rev get displayed ok. They both have
close boxes. When I press the Close Box on Stack1.rev when running
from the IDE it displays the IDE "Do you want to save this stack?"
dialog, but it doesn't for Stack2.rev.

I've tried to spot the differences between them, but there doesn't
*seem* to be any real difference. They have similar controls on them
and similar scripts.

Any Idea of where to even start looking for this would be welcome.

Thanks a lot
Dave