Explicitly calling a Function is a Stack Script

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Apr 25 13:59:15 EDT 2004

>  > >The answer is "No"; but if myFunctionXYZ is in the script of stack
>
>Actually, the answer is "Yes"; look at the value() function. Here's a simple
>example:
>
>STACK "TEST1"
>=================
>stack script:
>
>function test
>   return "Hello"
>end test
>
>STACK "TEST2"
>=================
>button script:
>
>on mouseUp
>   put value("test()",stack "Test1")
>end mouseUp
>

>Click on the button and you get "Hello" in the message box. Keep in mind
>that this can get complicated when you add parameters...

Doesn't this presuppose that the Stack in in Memory, for instance
would this work:

>   put value("test()",stack "Test1.rev")

When stack Test1.rev has been removed from memory. I'd try it but the
stack I was using to experiment with these things blows away the IDE,
and I don't have time to recreate it, cos I've got to work on the
real application.

Thanks for your help
Dave