Explicitly calling a Function is a Stack Script

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sun Apr 25 10:04:47 EDT 2004

Hi David,

> Hi,
>
> It is possible to call a function like this:
>
> put myFunctionXYZ() of stack myStack into myValue
>
> Where myStack is a full path/name to a stack file?

See "call" and "value" in the docs...

> I also tried setting stackFiles to the name of the stack and calling it
> with the "of stack myStack" (and with), still get an execution when
> calling the function.

Sorry, don't get this one...

The "stackfiles" is just a list (sic! :-D ) of pairs:
"Short name of (sub-)stack,path/to/name_of_file_it_is_in.rev"

So the engine uses this as a lookup when you script "go stack xyz" and
xyz is a (sub)-stack
in that "stackfile" that has not been loaded/opened yet...

You cannot open a substack directly by just passing the filename
otherwise...

> Is this allowed in RunRev?
>
> Thanks
> Dave