Runrev cgi and Webhosting providers

Jim jimc at ace-pb.com
Sat Apr 24 18:04:43 EDT 2004

On Apr 24, 2004, at 4:07 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Tierra.Net allows anything you want to install -- you might hose your
> setup, but they use FreeBSD so it's almost impossible to take down the
> whole server.

I have admin/root access (and permission to do whatever I need) to a
BSD/OS (BSDi) 4.1 server, but the BSD Rev engine draws an error of
"Couldn't open /usr/libexec/ld.so."...

A bit of investigation (Google searching that error) shows that it's
missing some kind of shared libraries. Anyone come across this and know
how to fix it without requiring a degree in computer science? I can
handle some installing... Just gotta make sure I don't blow up the
server. :) Mostly all I've done on this is manage DNS, Mail, and
WebSite setups.

Any fix would need to be remote, since I don't have physical access to
the machine to install off of any supplement CD.

Jim.