Runrev cgi and Webhosting providers

Terry Vogelaar (de Mare) tvogelaar at de-mare.nl
Sat Apr 24 11:04:55 EDT 2004

Alejandro Tejada heeft op zaterdag, 24 apr 2004 om 15:42
(Europe/Amsterdam) het volgende geschreven:

> I'm looking information and experiences about the
> webhosting services that allows to run RunRev
> as cgi.
>
> Who are the most reliable providers?
>
> Did they charge extra for install or let you run the
> cgi engine in their servers?
>
> Could you install the cgi engine
> in their servers even if you are not paying
> the more expensive premium hosting that they offer?

It is wise to just select some providers who offer what you want, and
ask them if they are willing to (let you) install RunRev as cgi.

In my case, I selected 10 providers and e-mailed them all with that
question. Some just said 'no', others demanded extra money, even up to
a few hundred dollars a year. But there were also providers, among
which was the cheapest of the ten: Alfahost.nl, that didn't have a
problem with it. I gave Alfahost a chance and I still am very content
with that choice. Other providers ask a tenfold of what they demand,
while Alfahost offers more freedom, webspace, service and reliability
than I ever experienced with any other provider.

Enough advertisement :-) I just want to point out that you should just
ask the providers in your own country. The differences are often
amazing. Other Dutch Revolutionaries may try Alfahost as well.

Terry