visual effects

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Fri Apr 23 15:52:06 EDT 2004

sez davis.phil at comcast.net:
>One thing you CAN do that may solve the problem - somewhere in your
>initialization process, add this line of code:
>
>   set the dontUseQTEffects to true
>
>This tells Rev to use its own built-in effects code, not that of QuickTime.
>Rev's internal code covers all the 'basic' effects. It worked for me.
   It would be appropriate to check to see if QuickTime is available... or at
least if you're running on a problematic version of Windows... before you do
this. Graceful degradation for those users whose machines can't handle "real"
effects, with no impact on the experience for everyone else!

   Hope this helps...