International woes

Christopher Mitchell chrism at lumin.us
Thu Apr 22 17:38:55 EDT 2004

On Apr 22, 2004, at 10:22 AM, Friedrich F. Grohmann wrote:

> Christopher Mitchell remarked:
>
> Ouch, I didn't pay attention to the punctuation...

Mellel seems to get the punctuation right.  Probably helpful that it is
written by Israelis.
Mail.app gets it right also... you can flip keyboards and if you enter
a period and then enter another character, the period gets thrown to
the left end of the string.

>> ... this is
>> not just a revolution thing, and not just a particular font thing...
>
> Then what is it for heaven's sake?

It depends on how the app implements text services, and I'm not
thinking most implement it in a useful way.  Mellel's engine is, if I
recall right from support responses, not using Apple's, but I would
guess that Apple Mail is.  I really don't know, but it is frustrating.

chris.