Print cards with headers

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Apr 21 21:21:53 EDT 2004

I have a stack of about 120 small cards, each displaying a chart (a set
of graphic objects, with text labels). I need to print them all out
into a report. This works fine, I can print 8 to a page and get a good
result BUT I want headers & footers as well (title, date, page number
etc).

In HyperCard, it was easy to print a stack, including whatever header &
footer data you wanted. In Rev, I can print all the cards in the stack
but that's all. The Report Builder won't work since it only takes field
data, not graphics. My only idea for now is to make a new print stack,
add header & footer fields to a background group, then take a snapshot
of each card I want to print and placing it onto the print stack. Does
anyone have a better suggestion?

Cheers,
Sarah