Bloated Standalone's

Dreamscape Software Webmaster webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Wed Apr 21 14:37:18 EDT 2004

I was amazed that my "simple" movie player was 1.71MB's when I converted it
to a Windows Standalone Application.  Is it even possible to remove
un-needed code from it within Windows.  I remember I could do this with my
old HyperCard stacks.  Usually I could get them down to about 600k-700k.

I did do a test to see if it was just how I built my stack.  I created an
empty stack and built a standalone with nothing included.  Total file size
was 1.68MB's.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software