How do I Create a Custom Property, part 666

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Apr 21 12:17:28 EDT 2004

Eeek! I just re-read and realized I made a mistake, please see
correct script below.

 From re-reading, I think we are talking at cross purposes, this is an
effort to make sure we are both on the same page here:

CR First Method.

To avoid appending an empty line to a "Lines container" (called
myLineList from now on), each time a line is appended to the
container, the following must be performed:

--
--  myNewLine contains the line to be appended
--

In this case you have to test that the CONTAINER is not empty, since
if it is you will add a spurious empty line to the list. This is

CR Last Method.

--
--  myNewLine contains the line to be appended
--
if myNewLine is not empty then
    put myNewLine & return after myLineList
end if

This is always assuming that it is illegal to have an empty line in
the list, if it's not, then you just remove:

if myNewLine is not empty
end if

However, I was talking about an empty list CONTAINER not the item
that was being appended, which is where I think the confusion has
crept in. In the case which I first posted, it was impossible for a
empty line to be appended since I was actually setting the value
explicitly in the script.

Hope this clears up the misunderstanding.

Wouldn't you agree that the CR Last Method is simpler/easier/better?

All the Best
Dave

All the Best
Dave