Disappearing (Euro) Dollars [rant]

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Apr 20 14:59:10 EDT 2004

On Tuesday, April 20, 2004, at 12:52 PM, Brian Yennie wrote:

> To be fair, the Euro didn't exist for many years after single-byte
> character sets were devised- they can't exactly go back and revise
> them... but I can't argue that everything unicode is always logical
> either =).

To be fair, The Powers That Be might have selected a two or three
character money symbol.  Perhaps selecting a new single-character
symbol, rather than being limited by provincial standards, is an
assertion of authority and power.

I think some code pages have modified versions for the Euro.

Dar Scott