REV, RB, SC speed test, Latest results

Norman Winn norman at mrsystems.co.uk
Tue Apr 20 04:43:45 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am a user assessing Revolution as a replacement++ for Filemaker. I am
also assessing other tools so am following this discussion with
interest. Here are my observations:

1)  Can any of you consider this to be a fair comparison? You, the
'you' being probably the best RR programmers on the planet, have had a
couple of weeks to optimise RR's algorithm. Has the sense of justice in
anyone pushed them to pass the challenge to the RB list?

2) One of the suggested strengths of Revolution is the simplicity of
getting things done. Why should such a common task take such a lot of
optimisation to produce the best results? Are not the 'out of the box'
solutions i.e. those that will be produced by the average user, a
fairer comparison?

3) On a more positive note, the possibilities of optimisation have
revealed to me a rich programming environment underlying the IDE,

Norman Winn