Optionkey always returns "up"

Jan Decroos jan.decroos at groepvanroey.be
Tue Apr 20 03:41:02 EDT 2004

Hi,

I started this thread a couple of weeks ago, but we believe we have found what
could be *a* reason for this (Mac OS X):

- there should be an alias to an AppleShare volume in the dock
- click on this alias, but don't enter your password !
- activate Revolution (with the connection dialog still open)
- test for the modifier keys (option, command, shift, control) : they always
return "up", even when you keep them down.

Closing the dialog restore rev's ability to check the modifier keys again.
Connection to the AppleShare Volume by Go/Connect to Server menu doesn't
disable the modifier keys !

1) Is this due to a bug in Revolution, or due to a bug in Mac OS X ?

2) There should be at least one other way to disable the modifier keys
(especially the option key give us often problems), because there are
situations where Revolution/the Finder doesn't restore the optionKey back, and
the user has to log out his account to "get the optionKey back".

Regards,
Jan