More Basic Questions

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Apr 19 11:52:57 EDT 2004

Hi,

Can anyone clarify the following for me?

I have the Name of an item in a MenuBar set to "ButtonOpen" and the
Label set to "File...". When the menuPick handler is called for this
item, the parameter is set to "Open...". Is this a way to retreive
the name field based on the label field.

Running with the IDE, when the quit command is executedm, it saves
the mainStack and then issues a quit command. However, I still get
the IDE popping up a dialog asking me to save a  sub-stack? I thought
that if I saved the mainStack then all the substacks were saved too?
Could someone explain what is going on?

The use of the defaultMenubar property while running the IDE? From
reading the docs, I thought that it was safe to set this property,
however I couldn't get this to work correctly. For instance I came to
the conclusion that it became near impossible to debug scripts, since
the Target Stack's menu is set when the IDE/Debugger is active!

Also when the quit handler is actiavated, the App's menu stayed with the IDE.

In the end, I did it another way, like this:

In the mainStack's Stack Script I define a function that sets the
default menu of the *calling* stack. Then every stack that wants to
use the Apps's DefaultStack as apposed to RunRev's IDE default stack
or their own menubar just has to make a call to this function of
their preOpenStack Handler's.

I would have liked to have inherited the default menubar
automatically but just can't seem to get it to work.

Any Ideas Anyone?

Thanks a lot
Dave