script inheritance?

Springer, Paul paul.springer at sensis.com
Mon Apr 19 09:55:16 EDT 2004

I have some functions that are going to be common to many controls and I
don't want many copies. Is there a way to put the command script on the card
but have it executed in the context of the control (so "me" is the control,
not the card)?

I tried passing the control name as a parameter and doing it that way (with
the script on the card) but I am having trouble referring to the control; it
sees the parameter name as the control name; I need it to see the contents
of the parameter as the control name.

-Paul