Way to change icon of alias?

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Mon Apr 19 01:00:57 EDT 2004

I have a need to make an alias of an application, and then change the ICON
of that ALIAS to a different icon.  I'm not sure how to do that via
Revolution.  This is for Mac OS X.  Let's say for example that I make  an alias of
"Internet Connect", and I put it on the desktop via  Applescript.  Let's say I also
have another file which has the good icon on  it, and I want to "transfer" it
to the ALIAS of Internet Connect.  If I  were doing this by hand, I'd just
hit Command-I (Get Info), and copy-paste the  icon between the files.  Any way
to do that via Transcript or  Applescript?