Elementary Question

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Sun Apr 18 18:45:04 EDT 2004

Hello,

This work is full suitable in using Rev but, as you say yourself, the
main job is less technical than conceptual. Think the design of your
app first and, second, go head with the rev's parsing functions (offset
functions, array vars, xml libs, ...) and databases connectors to get
your project up.

Rev is a perfect tool for this kind of apps.

Hope this help,

Best, Pierre

Le 18 avr. 04, à 23:08, Varen Swaab a écrit :

> Hi all!
>
> I'm sorry if this question seems elementary but I'm not too familiar
> with Revolution and I'm fairly new to programming. I'm trying to
> architect a program concept I have but I'm not sure how to go about
> it.
>
> I'd like to load a text based web page into a stack and have the links
> in this web page to be able to trigger (when clicked) the loading of a
> remote xml file into revolution to provide the content for a series of
> animations. Or, perhaps there is a better way to do this?
>
> The goal is to allow a user to browse database content (from an online
> mysql database) as a web page and load content (xml, html or just
> plain text) from this database to provide content for a slideshow.
>
> ANY ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Varen Swaab

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores+ at +easynet.fr

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:      +33 1 41 60 52 68
Dom:    +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:      +33 1 64 45 05 33

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Applications et SGBD ACID SQL (WEB et PGI)
Penser et produire "delta de productivité"