Still Ghost Hunting

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Apr 18 11:10:54 EDT 2004

Hi All:

Scenario (boiled down a little since last post):

* A stack contains a "report" [generic, not Rev Report Builder]
subStack with a report layout.

* The mainStack contains logic to clone the report subStack and
populate a data field on the card by setting its htmlText, copying &
paginating that layout card until all lines of the report data are
displayed.  The cloned stack is then printed and purged or saved.

Mystery:

When the report encompasses two pages, the text in the populated
field of the first page is superimposed on the text on the second
page.  This occurs regardless of which of the two pages is printed
first.  (I have not tried printing more than two pages, as I've
already gone through half a ream of paper trying different
workarounds to the two-page problem.)

BTW, this leads to a second observation:

If one creates a "report" stack clone as outlined above, and scripts
"print this stack", the first card printed is the last card created.

If one scripts:

	close stack "Report 122345"
	open stack "Report 122345"
	print stack "Report 122345",

the first card printed is still the last card created.

But scripting:

	close stack "Report 122345"
	go to card 1 of stack "Report 122345"
	print stack "Report 122345"

prints the cards in ordinal order.  What's with that?

I'm running out of ideas for workarounds; so any ideas or suggestions
are welcomed.  A free copy of the biorhythm charting stack is
available to anyone interested in trying to exorcize my ghost.

Please contact me privately if you are interested.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company