Microsoft Access

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Apr 17 15:29:43 EDT 2004

Derek-

Friday, April 16, 2004, 4:00:51 AM, you wrote:

DSW> I know Rev doesn't support that many Database formats, but is there anything
DSW> that Rev can do to support Access?  I'm in the Navy and my LPO wants a
DSW> frontend to an Access database, but I just don't know how to code forms in
DSW> Access (I'd rather do it in RunRev).

I've connected to Access databases in rev before, and while it can be
done, it's not much fun. The query builder doesn't work, so you have
to do everything by hand. Until the db interface gets rewritten you'll
have a *much* easier time of things learning how to put Access forms
together and the VBA code that underlies them. Sorry for the bad news,
but unless you have lots of time to kill and the inclination to get
very deep into Access internals, I wouldn't attempt this.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net