Bug in Scrolling List with pictures in 2.2

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Apr 16 13:10:56 EDT 2004

Hi Frank,

> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:14:35 +0100
> From: Frank Leahy <frank at backtalk.com>
> Subject: Bug in Scrolling List with pictures in 2.2
>
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone else seen this bug?
>
> I've got a scrolling list of album names, and next to each album is a
> cover photo.  When I scroll the list in 2.1.2, no problems.  But when I
> scroll the list in 2.2, a white line appears every 5-10 pixels.   If
> you click the scroll down arrow, the white line appears every n pixels,
> where n is the textHeight of the scrolling list.  If you drag the
> scroll bar the lines appear more frequently, depending on how
> frequently the offscreen bit map is being copied onscreen.
>
> This is definitely an off-by-1-copy-from-offscreen-to-onscreen bug that
> has been introduced into 2.2.
>
> MacOSX 10.2.8.
>
> Any chance of a fix in 2.2?
Boy, I hope so. I have an app I'm working on that will use a similar list.
There's no way I could release it with that kind of problem.

I'm overdue for an update, and intended to buy the new Studio version soon,
but I won't until that gets fixed because it's one of those things I'll be
using often.

Thanks for the notice. Did you post it to BugZilla?

Ken N.