answer file vs. building a path manually

Tim Bobo tim at leftbrainmedia.com
Thu Apr 8 14:15:55 EDT 2004

I am working in OS X. I have a revolution stack that is set up to play
all the movies in a given folder.  Everything works fine until I hit a
movie with a long file name.  When I set the players filename to be the
full file path, it chokes.  When I use answer file to get the same
exact file, it puts a truncated file path into the player as the
filename, and it works.

The problem is I cannot use answer file, because I am trying to play a
whole folder of clips.  Is there any way to get the truncated name of a
file without using answer file for each individual file?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tim Bobo
Left Brain Media, Corp.
http://www.leftbrainmedia.com