New engine...

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Apr 16 04:45:03 EDT 2004

Hi Monte,

>> Hi all,
>>
>> looks like there are some new engines on the RR ftp-server...
>> The Mac OS X version is called: Revolution.app.dir.gz
>> Can anyone give me a small hint on how to decompress it correctly
>> and usable?
>> I end up with a document called "Revolution.app.dir"...
>> (When using Stuffit...)
>> If i remove all the suffixes and put the engine (? probably not yet)
>> in
>> the right place:
>> /Contents/MacOS/Revolution
>> nothing happens when doubleclicking the app...
> Hi
>
> The engines directory on the FTP server is for engine downloads in the
> standalone builder. Mark and I designed a new system that uses the
> custom
> revcompress and revdecompress commands to make it simpler to download
> application bundles an MacOS engines with resource forks. These
> commands are
> undocumented and in the revBackScript button. If there's interest in us
> documenting them they can be moved to the revCommon button for the next
> release. The commands use custom properties of stacks to archive
> directories
> and single files and maintain resource forks and file types.

This is very interesting and yes, i would like to see it in the
revCommon button...

BUT, it still does not work when i "revDecompress" that file, simply
won't launch!!!

Couple o'minutes later:

The actual engine in that new "revdecompressed" app
"/Contents/MacOS/Revolution" does NOT have an icon, is just a
"document" and
no "Unix executable file" in the finder-info, as it should be!

Very strange, since the icons etc... are present?

> Cheers
>
> Monte

Regards

Klaus Major