SC, Rev,and RB speed test

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 15 13:53:20 EDT 2004

Hello Chris -

Good to see you here.  I was unable to find any previous posts from you
in the list archives prior yesterday's single-axis product comparison,
so it may be hard for some of the readers here to understand what you're
looking for.  Having known you from so many years on the SuperCard list
I'm confident you're not merely trolling as happens in programmer
communities from time to time, but it's hard to gauge what you're
looking to accomplish from your original post.

Are you building something in Rev and need help optimizing it?  If so
you've definitely come to the right place, as there are a lot of
experienced developers here shipping commercial wares with Rev who can
help you out.

Are you evaluating products for a particular project?  If so there are
many axes to consider in your decision matrix, with speed being only
one.  Tell us a bit more about the project and the platforms you're
targeting and we'll be able to help weigh the pros and cons of Rev for
that app.

If you've been in this community for a while you may notice that many of
the folks here have experience using a wide range of languages and
tools, including C++, Java, Lisp, Director, and/or Flash (all major
players absent from your comparison), yet these folks choose Rev for
many projects.  These are smart people; they have good reasons for
choosing what they choose and can be very helpful in explaining them.

If you'll tell us about more about what you're looking to accomplish the
community can offer better assistance.  With so many profitable
companies centered around the Revolution technology there's almost no
end to the experience you can draw from.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation