SC, Rev,and RB speed test

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Apr 15 01:31:12 EDT 2004

Chris,

Here's a winner using your test stack:

on mouseUp
  local tFind,tSearch,tLine,tMatchList,tTicks
  put "" into cd fld "TheResults"
  put the milliseconds into sMS
  put cd fld "TargetText" into theText
  put field "SerachTextList" into stList
  repeat for each line tLine in theText
    put "" into tMatchList[tLine]
  end repeat
  repeat for each line stLine in stList
    if stLine is in keys(tMatchList) then put stLine & cr after MatchList
  end repeat
  put MatchList into cd fld "TheResults"
  put the milliseconds - sMS && "ms" into cd fld "SpeedRecords"
end mouseUp

Running this on my 1GHz G4 was ** 50 milliseconds **. I can send you the
stack if you like. BTW: In Rev, you don't need to use "cd" in front of the
field descriptor as there isn't a distinction between card/background fields
like in SuperCard. And I measured in milliseconds to get a more accurate
read.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com