Some Basic Misunderstandings/Problems with RunRev - aka Help!

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Apr 14 19:42:00 EDT 2004

David-

DB> I agree you can't modify a running app as such but you can do things
DB> that make it look like you have modified it. I assumed that RunRev
DB> was doing something like that.

<veering into dead horse territory>

No you can't - not without storing things somewhere - either in the
registry, in a preferences file, an external text file, a database...
somewhere. You *are* talking about persistent storage here, right? Not
just within the same session? If you've got some C code that allows
you to store data persistently without saving it somewhere external to
the running application, I'd sure like to see an example. This is why
things like preferences files and registries exist, and either of
those is pretty dang easy to do in rev.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net