Using seconds in Revolution

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Apr 14 18:11:38 EDT 2004

On Wednesday, April 14, 2004, at 03:41 PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> Maybe this is broken and I missed that, coming late into the
> discussion.

Looks OK to me.

I am in New Mexico, USA, mountain time zone, in daylight savings today.

I sent email to myself and the Internet date my mailer sent is this:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:42:51 -0600

The date tagged by my SMTP server is this:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:42:53 -0600 (MDT)

The -0600 looks right to me.

So I wrote this script:

on mouseup
   put the seconds into s
   put s/3600 - 6 into hrs  -- Adjust for your location!
   put hrs mod 24 into hrsInDay
   put hrsInDay
end mouseup

I clicked it just now at 4:09 PM.  I get this:  16.155

I realize this is a very specific test, but this looks good to me.

OS X 10.2.8

Dar Scott