Some Basic Misunderstandings/Problems with RunRev

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Apr 14 18:09:57 EDT 2004

Hi,

It may well be in the docs but I can't find it so it may as well not
be there. I want a book I can sit down and read, not an online
document where I have to guess where to start looking. An good index
would be of so much help. I have Dan's book, but only Vol 1 (the
others are not available as yet) and although it's quite good, I find
the Chatty, Funny style wears thin. Also I find it very hard to find
just find what I want (especially since again there is no index),
it's so mixed up and also there isn't enough detail on some subjects.
For instance the chapter on Dialogs/Windows/Stacks is basically just
an overview. As far as I remember, it doesn't even tell you about the
"modeless" command.

I just want a book I can look thru and make notes away from the computer.

Don't get me wrong the online docs are really great, but they don't
replace a good book on the subject. Some of the books I had when I
first learned the Mac toolbox were excelent, I just wish there was an
equivilent for RunRev.

The thing is that unless you know of a command's existence it's hard
to know it's there. For instance typing in "standalone" gives
nothing, typing in "save" shows the save command but doesn't tell you
it doesn't work in a standalone and also save doesn't tell you about
other commands that may be of use, such as clone etc.

It makes the whole thing that much harder to grasp.

But regardless of all this, I am enjoying the experience, but I don't
know how much I would enjoy it if this list didn't exist!

Take Care Everyone and Thanks Again
Dave