Some Basic Misunderstandings/Problems with RunRev - aka Help!

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Apr 14 13:21:09 EDT 2004

Hi David,

>> the stack that has been turned into a standalone CANNOT be "saved
>> as..."!
>> Simply because the stack IS now the standalone.
>>
>> Sorry...
>
> Then PLEASE could someone just tell me how I save a Standalone Stack
> PLEASE!!!
> I've been asking questions about this all day and I'm just going round
> and round and round in circles.
>
> All I want to do is to save the settings of any controls if and only
> if the User Presses ok.
> I would like this to work as a Standalone and under the RunRev IDE,
> but would be happy
> if it just worked as a Standalone at this stage.
>
> Maybe RunRev isn't the right tool for this after all, I mean if it's
> this hard just to save the contents of a Checkbox!

Oh, c'mon, don't panic, it is even REALLY HARDER to do so with other
tools!
The most ugly way i've ever seen, was offered (?) by MM "Director"...
Brrrrrrr ;-)

> Why doesn't the documentation say anything about this?

??

> Yours an experated RunRev Newbie!

OK, you can loop through all your (necessary) controls and put them
PLUS their values into a list, which you can then save as a text file...

Or do it manually, if you only have a couple of controls:

put "Name of checkbox 1" & TAB & the hilite of btn "Name of checkbox 1"
& CR after myprefs
put "Name of checkbox 2" & TAB & the hilite of btn "Name of checkbox 2"
& CR after myprefs
etc...
delete char -1 of myprefs ## get rid of last CR
put mylist into ... see below

And here is the advice WHERE to store your bloody prefs :-D

http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2003-December/
026781.html

Then on "openstack" or whenever you can read in that list, if present
and act accordingly...

XXX -> see above
if there is a file XXX then
     put url XXX  into mylist
     set the itemdel to TAB
    ## we saved the list as a tab delimited list...
    repeat for each line l in mylist
         set the hilite of btn (item 1 of l) to (item 2 of l)
    end repeat
end if

You get the picture...

> Thanks