ToolBook to Revolution converter?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Apr 13 22:29:58 EDT 2004

John Ballard wrote:

> Since I didn't get any response, I'll take it that means there isn't anyone
> out there currently working on a converter. :-(
>
> So is there anyone out there with a partially-completed toolbook to
> revolution converter?
>
> Is there anyone out there who'd be interested in collaborating on a
> converter?

If I had time I'd love to.  I've used ToolBook in the past and enjoyed
it, but really need Rev's simpler install and multi-platform deployment.

But I'm afraid with the busy season I'm in now my clients would prefer
that I stay focused on their stuff.

If I can help in an advisory capacity I'd be happy to.

I've written a lot of converters, and while it's tedious it's not
atom-splitting.  And since you know ToolBook well maybe you could start
by writing an exporter for ToolBook that generates into some plain text
format that could then be parsed in Rev, and hopefully some kind soul
here would be able to write the importer.

For an example of a Rev converter see the SuperCard to Rev converter at:
<http://www.runrev.com/resources/supercard.shtml>

If you could use the SC->Rev format then the importer is already done.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation