CGI Form Example

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Tue Apr 13 09:06:21 EDT 2004

Hello Everyone,

Any examples out there on using Revolution as a CGI engine to process
web forms?  And a related question: my crude understanding of the way
that Revolution as a CGI works is that it does not understand controls
(objects) per se, but can I have it communicate directly with open
stacks in the usual way?  What I'm thinking of is a stack of student
records.  The CGI would process the web form information, validate it,
return a response to the user ("your information is correct, incorrect,
missing, etc."), and then invoke a script in a regular stack that would
update cards, delete them or create new ones.  Alternatively, I imagine
that the individual records could be stored in text files, but I prefer
the stack set up.

I have been using FileMaker 6 Unlimited for this purpose till now, but
I don't think I can afford the $999 US upgrade to Version 7 Advanced,
and, quite frankly, I don't think it's worth it.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

	G.