emulating the keyboard - Application control

John Rule johnrule at rcsprogramming.com
Mon Apr 12 23:41:19 EDT 2004

Is there a native way to emulate the keyboard in another application? For
example, 'launching' another app, and then somehow sending commands to that
application? Specifically, I had a customer ask me if they can control their
Powerpoint presentation from Rev. I looked through the shell command set,
and I do not see a way to do it from there...

I did do a search through the lists, and the closest tip I found was to
convert Powerpoint to 'Keynote', and then export as a .mov file. Not a bad
idea, but not practical in my situation.

Thanks for any info,
John