xml kinds

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Apr 11 23:46:36 EDT 2004

> > If you like, you can look at my XML Library, which is done
> totally in
> > Transcript. The docs are really clear about XML and how the
> library is
> > used.
> > -- before I study using your flavor of xml, how is better
> or different from
> rrxml?

RR's XML is done with a DLL, was written in C++ (I believe) and supports
SOAP and DTDs. The documentation is what you have in the Transcript
Dictionary and the SOAP examples.

My XML Library is done in pure Transcript and the documentation is included.
No DLLs need to be used, and if you get the Standard version, you can tweak
the XML parsing to your heart's content to make custom decisions based on
certain tags (if you like).

Main difference is that the RR XML DLL is faster and does more, but is not
as flexible or well documented as my library.

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com