Typing in field grinds to near halt

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Apr 10 16:39:23 EDT 2004

I have an "Audio_transcriber.rev" tool that

a) plays an audio file from the local hard drive with a QT player and
various buttons to stop resume back up etc....

b) a field below for transcribing the talk...

I created a stand alone player which drive this tool and a user is now
saying:

" I was more than 3/4 complete with the transcription of 10Concord when
the typing showing up on the screen started slowing down.  At first it
almost kept up with my typing then it slowed more and more so that I
could type a whole phrase or sentence and only one or two letters would
have by then shown up on the screen.  I would have to stop and wait for
the transcript to catch up with me.  No it was not a siddhi that I
became an amazingly quick typist. Ha ha!  This started when I was about
1900 seconds into the talk if that is meaningful.  Also slowing down
was the response to the stop and resume buttons."

Anyone know what might bring Rev to its knees? This particular user is
Mac OSX.

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery