Relative Paths

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Apr 8 23:05:51 EDT 2004

> My question was not whether everyone should deliver every app the same
> way RunRev, Adobe, and I do.  My question was whether the freedom we
> currently have to use either method could be made easier as well.

Hmmm... well... as I'm sure you would understand it would add complexity to
the standalone building process to make this optional but it's certainly
doable. From what I see there is likely to be three camps of people:
 1 - those of us that believe the simplicity of having your stackFile and
executable directory structure the same across all platforms is ideal even
though it's nested inside the bundle on OS X.
 2 - those of us that want to ignore the bundle structure or for reasons of
user interaction want to have our application's data files and resources
next to the bundle so the structure looks the same to the user no matter
what platform they are on.
 3 - those that want to rigidly stick to apple's bundle structuring
guidelines and require stackfiles and other supporting files to be in the
Resources folder.

At the moment the standalone builder caters only for group 1. If you'd like
to feature request options for the other two I'd be happy to oblige if
RunRev want me to ;-)

Cheers

Monte