Bugs in Bugzilla Was Re: Hello from a Filemaker renegade (Geoff Canyon)

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Thu Apr 8 11:35:30 EDT 2004

I'm in the process of going through all the bugs. When I'm done, all of
them will be assigned to a release of Revolution, which (for the
record) doesn't absolutely guarantee they will be fixed in that
release, but gives a good indication.

The criteria (roughly -- off the top of my head) are:

  -- Is it crashing people's built applications?
  -- Is it impairing significant functionality in people's built
applications?
  -- Is it crashing people in Revolution?
  -- Is it impairing significant functionality in the Revolution IDE?

For all of these, votes serve to give a measure of how many people are
experiencing the problem, and how much of a problem it is for them.
Votes can rank bugs within these categories. Whether there is a
workaround can impact the importance of a bug.

There are a myriad other considerations, but that gives a rough idea.
If any of this isn't clear, or you think I'm being wrong-headed, feel
free to say so.

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com