Relative Paths

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Apr 7 18:46:14 EDT 2004

On 4/7/04 3:52 AM, Kevin wrote:

> I am a bit confused.  How does one create applications that can be
> used in the IDE on multiple platforms without relative paths.  When I
> add a satck file to the the stackFiles property (in the property
> explorer) the fully qualified path is used.  When I copy the stack to
> another platform the path (something like
> "/Users/me/src/transcript/common/xxx.rev") will not function.  Please
> someone explain how this is supposed to work?

You can use relative paths. Unfortunately the IDE doesn't have an
interface to set them. You'll have to make your own.

One way is to make a list of stackfiles in a field. For example, put
this into a field named "stacks":

mystack,/subDir/mystack.rev
stackTwo,/subDir/stackTwo.rev
stackThree,/otherDir/stackThree.rev

Then from the message box:

set the stackfiles of this stack to field "stacks".

Ungainly, but it works.

Note that, as Ken explained, all directories are relative to the current
defaultfolder.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com