Studio license for sale

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Apr 7 15:35:03 EDT 2004

On Wednesday, April 7, 2004, at 11:31 AM, A.C.T. wrote:

> Before I "trolled" this list again (sorry, couldn't resist) I asked
> RunRev whether I may sell it. Yes, I may.

This is also mentioned in a Rev license that I read recently.  It is
upfront and clear.

> This is common for software licenses, as European lawcourts have made
> it clear that Microsoft can not forbid people to resell their Windows
> license. If Microsoft cannot, how could someone else ;-)

Of course, businesses do not have to be threatened with stick to treat
customers right.  It is good business.  Though the non-competition part
seems open-ended (and that is mitigated in some ways, fortunately), the
Revolution license is good for customers.

At this point, we are also fortunate to be dealing with a company
willing to consider specific concerns.  That may not always be the case
as the company grows, but it is a good sign.

Dar Scott