Empty a list of globals

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Wed Apr 7 09:36:09 EDT 2004

Mark,

try this...

repeat with x = 1 to the number of items of gGlobalsToEmpty
   do "put empty into" && item x of gGlobalsToEmpty
end repeat

---------------------=---------------------
Xavier Bury
Clearstream Services
TNS NT LAN Server
ext 36465
Voice: +352 4656 43 6465
Fax: +352 4656 493 6465

Mark MacKenzie <m.mackenzie at sasktel.net>
Sent by: use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com
07.04.2004 15:32
Please respond to How to use Revolution

        To:     How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Empty a list of globals

.

Hit a bit of a stumper for me.

At preopencard time I need to clear a bunch of globals.  I created the
following handler and it doesn't seem to clear the globals involved.  In
a succeeding handler they keep their previous values.  Am I doing
something fundamentally wrong?

preOpenCard
put
"gBulletCalibre,gBulletDesign,gBulletSizedDiam,gBulletNomWeight,gBulletLotCustom"

into gGlobalsToEmpty
    repeat with x = 1 to the number of items of gGlobalsToEmpty
      put empty into item x of gGlobalsToEmpty
    end repeat
end preOpenCard

When faced with a series of globals to reset to zero or empty how do you
do it with a minimum of scripting?

Mark MacKenzie