Another Area For Document Development

Dave Calkins davecalk at surfbest.net
Mon Apr 5 18:46:23 EDT 2004

> A combination of all three is what I use and what I look for. I tear
> apart peoples code to see how they do it. I read the printed docs in a
> browsing way to get ideas on more than one topic and also to see that
> topic in its entirety. I use the electronic docs to quickly look up the
> exact syntax for an item and see related items quickly right from
> within REV.

That is how most people learn, it is balanced. It makes it much easer
to grasp the concepts.

> I think more descriptive samples in all of these is a good thing. I
> want to see more than two possible examples for each code. If it can be
> used with get and put than I want to see one of each etc.

Most of the documentation that we have today deals with individual
examples, but the examples are not in any context. At least the
Cookbook provides some context of how the script behaves within the
context of a script.

> AND stop using the word itself to describe the word. If I don't know
> what the word means then using it in the example is not going to help.

Yes

Dave Calkins