saving within a standalone?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Apr 4 20:52:53 EDT 2004

On 4/4/04 2:52 PM, "Eric Engle" <engleerica at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The metacard engine on windows would not allow a standalone to be modified and
> saved (for reasons I've never really understood). Anyway, I expect this is the
> case for revolution as well. In MC I would export the data as RTF. But again,
> the issue is popping up. I'm hoping that someday Rev will allow a standalone's
> contents to be changed by the user. I hope I'm wrong, correct me if I am. I've
> got a workaround strategy but would rather the end user had more dynamic
> control of the standalone. Ideas?

If you haven't visited this issue in the archives already, here's a short
answer:

  http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2002-July/006135.html

And here's a much more detailed answer, courtesy of the ever helpful Richard
Gaskin:

 http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2002-July/006149.html

PS  Props to fourthworld on their 10 year anniversary.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Development & Design