Getting a field name

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sun Apr 4 10:42:48 EDT 2004

Hi Jim,

> Jackie, Wouter, and Klaus
>
> Thanks for the thoughts. One by one I am discovering RR capabilities.
> (Has everyone but me received their copy of the printed
> documentation?)
>
> But I can't quite find a way to make "the mouseControl" work. When I
> click on a button on a card with two controls, the answer I get is
> "control 39." God knows where that number comes from.
>
> It appears that the mousecontrol is returning something relating to
> the original palette stack, not the application stack where the mouse
> is clicked. It is not possible to get "the mouseControl of stack
> "myStack."   (MouseConrol will not accept "of stack .....". Maybe that
> would be a nice feature to add.)
>
> I can make do with searching the rects to see which one the mouseloc
> is in. (Even if there is overlap among the controls, one can search
> for *all* controls in which the mouse is located, and then choose the
> one with the higher level.)

well, the bare "mousecontrol" was just a hint... ;-)

"put the long id of the mousecontrol" returns something like:
button id 1054 of card id 1011 of stack "/Users/klaus/Documents/WIN
BAK/festivalstart.rev"

Does that look more meaningful for you? ;-)

Or use "the long name of the mousecontrol" etc...

> Jim

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de