Rev. 2.2/OS X - standalone error

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sat Apr 3 19:42:46 EST 2004

> I am not able to build a standalone from the included stack
> "MIDIBuilder".
> I get the warning:
> "There was an error while saving the Standalone Application".
> When I dismiss the error notification I get the revErrorDisplay window,
> but there is no description of the error (its fields are empty).

Good catch! This seems to be an issue with the inclusion searching feature
in combination with the objects that are named using numbers (the piano
keys). I was using the long name as object references for the search but
have switched it to the long id for the next version.

The simple fix until the next Rev release is to select inclusions rather
than search for them if you are using numbers as object names but as this is
a very rare thing to do I don't think it will come up too often. Not naming
objects with numbers is the better way to go as this issue is a general
problem with the way the engine reads a variable containing the long name
and so will pop up in other places too.

Cheers

Monte