Getting a field name

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sat Apr 3 19:42:42 EST 2004

Here's my problem. A button handler in a palette stack reads:

on mouseup
   answer "Click on the application field." with OK
   if it is empty then exit mouseUP
   wait until the mouseclick
   answer the clickstack --But I want the field name, not the stack name
end mouseup

What the user is suppose to do is click on the field in the
application stack and the name of the field is revealed. The above
handler produces the stack name, not the field name.

Naturally I tried "the clickField" but that comes up empty.
(clickField is set to empty after a mouseclick.)  And "the target"
gives the name of the button which originally received the message in
the palette stack, not the field in the application stack.

How do I get the name of the clicked  field in the application  stack
revealed to the palette stack?

Jim