dragging list items

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Apr 3 17:13:55 EST 2004

I'm about to build a window which has a list field, and I'd like to
allow the user to Cmd-drag items in the list to re-order them.  Also,
because this list includes items that act as groups, I need to allow
items to also be dropped on other items to add them as a member of that
item (they'll appear indented below the item dropped on).

Many moons ago I looked around for some examples, but the few I found at
that time had either appearance or behavioral nuances that make them
feel less like the re-ordering experience in other apps, and none that
also had the ability to drop onto other items.

Anyone have such a thing they'd be willing to share?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation