OT Backup

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Fri Apr 2 15:54:06 EST 2004

Hello,

In about this kind of stuff (streaming), i would yet prefer to use a
splitted mirroring system than a RAID5 one.

About the hardware possibles choices :

XServeG5 as my prefered if you don't need to stream, via Helix,
RealVideo or Win32 MP contains else Linux x86.

Best, Pierre

Le 2 avr. 04, à 17:47, Stu Duncan a écrit :

> I am about to start a project that will have massive amounts of video,
> stills, sound, etc. I need to reexamine my storage and backup systems
> because these projects go well beyond my current storage abilities.
> There
> are going to be terabytes of data. Currently I am thinking a RAID
> system
> with redundancy at work and a duplicate system in my home which would
> be
> accessed for backup via a cable connection. At the end of the day,
> hopefully, one button click backs everything up overnight, however a
> constant back up during the day would be even safer than risking the
> loss of
> a day's work. The main development will be occuring on Macs running OS
> 10.3 however the end products will be Mac/Windows compliant and there
> will
> be 3+ Ghz Windows machines on the office network.
>
> What hardware would you suggest for this backup array and what
> software & OS
> to drive the system? Also needs to allow for expansion since these
> projects
> look to be ongoing.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Stu Duncan

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores (at) easynet.fr

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:      +33 1 41 60 52 68
Dom:    +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:      +33 1 64 45 05 33

Inspection académique de Seine-Saint-Denis
Applications et SGBD ACID SQL (WEB et PGI)
Penser et produire "delta de productivité"