Revolution 2.2 Released

Rod McCall rodmc at runrev.com
Fri Apr 2 14:50:57 EST 2004

Dear Revolution user,

We are delighted to announce the release of Revolution 2.2, the latest
version of our user-centric development environment for every major
platform and users of all abilities. Revolution combines unrivaled
support for databases, Internet protocols, multimedia, XML and more,
with the most intuitive development environment available on the market
today.

This latest release of Revolution, the award winning software
development environment provides improved appearance on Windows XP and
Mac OS X, an all-new standalone builder, and more. Not only have we
added dozens of new features but we've lowered the price of certain
single and volume licences, with educational volume licences starting
from as little as $2 per seat. What's more you can now customise your
purchase to fit your exact requirements through a range of support,
upgrade and documentation options.

Revolution 2.2 offers enhancements for users on every major platform
including:
- Improved appearance on Windows XP with support for themes and large
48 bit icons
- Improved appearance on Mac OS X including metal groups and the
Panther tab style
- New standalone application builder
- Improvements to the database linked controls
- Additions to the Transcript programming language
- Enhanced performance and stability for the engine and development
environment

Not purchased Revolution yet?

Revolution has an intuitive graphical environment that makes it easy to
lay out what you want to build. Its simple English-like Transcript
language leaves you free to concentrate on solving problems instead of
learning complicated programming languages. Revolution provides
beginners and professionals with what they need to succeed—professional
quality power in an accessible package.

What's more with  Revolution Studio and Enterprise you can write your
software once and deliver it on every major platform (Windows, Linux,
Macintosh and Unix) without the usual frustration you'd find with
certain coffee-based developer tools!

Which Version Should I choose?

Express: for the hobbyist, novice programmer and student priced at $149
it's got all you need and is affordable too!

Revolution Studio: for developers and educators seeking more, available
from $299

Revolution Enterprise: a complete enterprise-level solution, available
from $899

For information on the features of each version and pricing options, or
to download a trial visit <http://www.runrev.com>.

Existing users may be eligible for a free or reduced price upgrade,
please consult our website for more information.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message and we're sure that
if you haven't already chosen Revolution for your software development
needs you are missing out!

Kind regards,

Rod

Dr Rod McCall ~ rodmc at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools

E&OE